Posted by JD on June 3, 2010
For the second installment of Abstract Linkage, I give you:
- Are you like me, up to your eyeballs in opinions about Armando Galarraga’s Imperfect Game? Then you should easily pass this Perfect Game quiz from sporcle. I only got 11, and I deeply regret missing 1904, 1984, and (most painfully) 2004. (Hat tip to @jameskann, who’s tweet about a Keith Law chat lead me to the sporcle quiz).
- My favorite take on the Imperfect Game comes from Howard Megdal. I’m jealous: I never would have thought to go in this direction.
- Dave Meisel from Disgruntled Mets Fan provides an in-depth analysis of Johan Santana’s peripherals, and it points to bad news.
- I think this Ted Berg post about Carlos Beltran says all that need to be said.
- St. John’s started their College World Series with a 10-5 loss to Mississippi. It’s a double-elimination format so they’re still alive, but a loss today to VCU would end their season. Game starts at 1PM.